The Biggest Loser, an inspiring weight loss reality show, is indeed one of my must watched tv shows. There's nothing more inspiring than watching these plus size contestants gradually 'shrinking' right before my very eye. What's so inspiring about this show?
I used to battle with my weight issue and dislike my figure. I wasn't fat or overweight but those extra kilos changed my whole figure because I had always been skinny. Little did i know that my poor eating habit and unhealthy lifestyle contributed to then plump-and-chubby-me. I was devastated with my whole outlook and even fear of being seen in public. My flabby arms, bulging tummy and thick, chunky thighs...urghh...i felt disgusted.
I gained 7 kilos and the sight of those bulges was heart wrenching. I wasn't my usual self. I was disappointed with myself. I didn't look and feel beautiful. It was painful to see myself hating my own body. I was unhealthy physically and mentally. Sad....People commented on my weight but i ignored them. I didn't want their comments to further upset me. I thought they were mean....
I decided to do something about my body. I didn't to be an 'old moody granny'. I started to read woman's health magazine and applied a few pointers and tips on healthy lifestyle. Regular exercises + healthy eating = healthy me! It wasn't easy at first (i hate exercising) but i gradually moved into the groove and started to shed a few kilos. That took me almost 6 months to be 3 kilos lighter( I wasn't discipline). I managed to fit into my skinny jeans and dresses. My heart leaped! I was delighted!
Today, i am 4 kilos lighter since my first health makeover. I walk every morning at 6, at least 2-3 km and eat healthily. I am not an exercise fanatic. I just want to be happy and healthy. I still need to lose at least another 4 kilos to reach my ideal weight. Here are my easy-to-follow tips on weight loss:
1. Walk walk walk! Everywhere and anywhere. You just need to move! I love walking every morning in my neighborhood, breathing fresh air and soaking in morning sunshine.
2. If you're into 'serious' walking or running, get a pair of good running shoes. They don't have to be expensive or branded, an affordable ones like mine, Power running shoes (available at Lea sports) are just comfortable and light.
3. Walk or run in a group. You need to motivate and be motivated. It's always fun to have someone walking or running along your side. Support and encourage one another. Start a 'walking' group in your office, organization or community.
4. If you dislike walking or running a distance, check out your local gyms or aerobic studios. Not interested in streneous exercises, then try dancing . Check out Studio 23 and start swaying to a fitter you!
5. Don't forget to occasionally indulge. Remember not to over indulged. After all, you need to be rewarded.
6. Last but not least, watch The Biggest Loser on Hallmark and get inspired! You are BEAUTIFUL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment